Minutes - Feb 7, 2011
Present: Wendy Ecklund, Colette Stadin, Bill Jansen, Maria Lourey-Bowen, Kathie Roy, Dianne Anderson, Diana King, Mary Burmeister, Jodi Czwakiel
January 3, 2011 meeting minutes approved
- New to report print-out is the “District Funds” section (showing funds in dedicated PTO account with the district). Jansen’s numbers match Dan Groe’s (EC District Accounts Payable) for that account.
- See no. 4 in Old Business: Jansen has drafted a resolution to present to EC school board on behalf of the PTO for the dedicated account with the district. The resolution is on the agenda for the February school board meeting.
- Third grade used up all of their education grant funds and went over very slightly, had $349.92 available, spent $350.25 – over by 33 cents. PTO agrees to pay extra 33 cents.
- Jansen to draft letter for Ecklund and Roy to sign that states PTO bank statements should be sent to Jansen.
- Ecklund agreed to put together final PTO budget for the year.
- Ecklund reports that the Artist in Residency grant was never filed, however, curriculum coordinator Kris Chryst will use the allotted $500 for artist Peg Skalicky to visit the school as part of Art Month in March.
- Jansen reports he will try to work with the property committee to get last year’s mosaics displayed. Students made mosaics with artist Marguerite Walz.
- No report on positive behavior support program. As the program is a huge undertaking, nothing will move forward as the few active members of the PTO are already overextended.
- See treasurer’s report.
- Book Fair update by Anderson: Flyers are going out to parents with an invitation to sign up to volunteer during book fair.
- Anderson working on filling volunteer slots. Setup takes about 4 hours. PTO discussed possibly utilizing students within the school to help run the book fair, however, an adult is needed to man the cash register, especially during noon time. Group discussed possibility of putting together a data base of names and numbers as possible volunteer contacts.
- New this year: the Book Fair will be offered online. There is a link on the school website with access to the Book Fair page. Can also sign up to volunteer on that page.
- Author Doug Wood will be at the school as part of RIF February 11. PTO paid $620 of author visit.
- PTO agrees to pay $70 for the purchase of fourth grade Science Fair ribbons as a way to promote academics in the school. District will pay for sub for Sue Johnson day of fair and food for volunteers and judges, but denied the request to pay for ribbons.
- PTO will not put forward funds for high school library books at this time. Group discussed the possibility of One Day Bond funds being used for books.
- Thank you cards for Book Fair volunteers – tabled to next meeting, at which time PTO will have full list of volunteers.