November 1, 2010
Present: Wendy Ecklund, Colette Stadin, Bill Jansen, Kathie Roy, Michelle Kenyon, Mary Burmeister, Jodi Czwakiel, Dianne Anderson, Maria Lourey-Bowen
October 4, 2010, meeting minutes approved with changes to budgeted items: Grand Cinema appreciation – NO; AR Rewards/Ribbons: Yes, $400
- Profits from Chris’ Food Stand: $685.05
- $70.49 left over from past project of mailing cards to troops. Group consensus to dissolve funds into PTO budget
- Group discussed funds set aside for third grade project (past practice was to set aside a set amount of funds for each grade level). Due to the length of time the money has been held, group has given third grade until January 1, 2011 to use funds. Ecklund agreed to contact school staff involved.
- Bill to present “reality check” on budget at next meeting.
Artist in Residency grant update by Ecklund. Grant has not been applied for/sent in yet. Deadline is in November.
Update on progress of hanging mosaics from last year’s Artist in Residency program by Jansen. Tabled to next meeting.
Tyson and Capri Sun programs update. Update from PTO member Jessie Clennon given by Czwakiel. Tyson, info found at Tyson.com/projectaplus: clip Tyson Project A+ labels, turn in at school, each label worth 24 cents. Czwakiel agreed to make flyers to hand out during conferences.
Chris’ Food Stand update
- $685.05 profit, including cookbook sales. Still have 22 cookbooks.
- extra pop used for conference meals
IRS compliancy update – discussed options, joining PTA, get volunteer/pay accountant to work PTO through 501C3 process, etc.
- Roy’s accountant suggests PTO speaks with Jim Kaffer of Willow River. Roy to follow up with Kaffer
- Ecklund spoke with Superintendent Tamara Schultz. PTO cannot have any account at the school.
- Ecklund to research rules/regulations of joining PTA.
- Jansen to contact Mary Jo Jensen.
November Book Fair update. All volunteer slots filled, after some rearranging during meeting.
Conference meal update. Lourey-Bowen running the meals. PTO and community members donating time, food and supplies.
Positive behavior program update.
- Ecklund spoke with Supt. Schultz. Schultz on board, but wants program to be worked into existing good behavior systems already in place at the school.
- Kenyon spoke with Dean of Students Stefanie Youngberg. Youngberg supportive of program.
- Start date goal set for after winter vacation.
- Kenyon and Lourey-Bowen working on program. To give update at next meeting.
- best time to hold lyceums is January-early March.
- Last year’s lyceums: History Players and Zoomobile.
- Decision on this year’s lyceums tabled until next meeting after treasurer’s “reality check”
PTO agreed to compensate the special education students for sorting and collecting Box Tops, milk caps, soup labels, etc. Possibility of having students choose an item for their classroom from the Campbell’s catalog. Ecklund to speak with ALP program; Roy to check in with Clennon regarding Campbell’s points.